Harlem Irving Plaza Carson’s Redevelopment
Client / Owner
Harlem Irving Companies
Architect / Engineer
Since opening as an open-air shopping center in 1956, Harlem Irving Plaza has been expanded, enclosed and enhanced over it’s 60 years of business. Graycor Construction recently provided general contracting services for the redevelopment of a former Carson’s Pirie Scott anchor store into six potential tenant spaces.
Scope of work included structural demolition, structural steel erection, new escalators and elevator, carpentry and new finishes. As part of the redevelopment, a new metal panel and glass entrance was added to the top of the existing parking garage.
Along with the redevelopment of the Carson’s space, the surrounding interior common areas have been renovated with new ceilings, lighting and flooring.