Wilde & Greene Restaurant + Natural Market
- Client / Owner
- Richtree Market Restaurants (Tenant) & Westfield LLC (Landlord)
- Architect / Engineer
- OKW Architects and GHA Design
- Graycor Construction
- Grand Prize - Restaurant/Casual Dining - Association for Retail Environments (A.R.E.): A.R.E
- First Place - Specialty Restaurant - Retail Design Institute (RDI): RDI
- Merit Award Finalist (for 'Construction under $15 mil.') - Chicago Building Congress (CBC)
- 2012 Nominee (New Fast/Casual Dining) - Superior Achievement in Design and Imaging (SADI)
Graycor Construction completed the renovation of the 25,000-square-foot food court area at Old Orchard Mall in Skokie, Ill. to a Wilde & Greene Restaurant & Natural Market. This fresh dining destination provides a variety of gourmet and specialty food stations, indoor and outdoor dining, a rooftop deck and a 6,922-square-foot grocery store.
Graycor retrofitted a multi-tenant food court space to the needs of a single tenant. Under the contract with Westfield, LLC, Graycor gutted the food court and demolished half of the building structure to accommodate a roof-top bar and dining area. Graycor then completed the core & shell and unique interior scope for Richtree. Finishes included reclaimed and distressed wood, brick, AESS Steel and weathered custom millwork.
An aggressive schedule was imperative to the project. Given the opportunity to work on both the landlord’s scope as well as the tenant’s scope concurrently, Graycor was able to overlap the critical paths for both and maintain the schedule expectations of the project.
This project was a fairly new venture for Richtree in many aspects including magnitude, market, region, architect, contractor, food service vendor, millwork and furniture vendor, etc. Keeping this in mind, Graycor understood the need for a multi-level coordination effort and worked with the project team in maintaining the communication channels that were vital to the success of the project.