Westfield Old Orchard
- Client / Owner
- Westfield, LLC
- Architect / Engineer
- Graycor Construction
Graycor provided construction and on-site program management services for Westfield’s Total Mall Strategy (TMS) Program at the Old Orchard Center. Graycor was selected for this dual-role based on its proven approach to working safely and effectively in live environments.
The scope of work included constructability review, comprehensive preconstruction services, scheduling, coordination with mall operations and the management of Westfield’s vendors, architects, engineers and contractors for renovation projects at the Old Orchard Center.
Graycor worked in shifts to complete significant structural reinforcements and installation of new glass canopies on tenant roofs. Work was performed within the constraints of the tenants’ business hours to prevent disruption to the center’s operations. The project included the following:
- Design, fabrication and installation of glass canopies
- The Glass Pavilion (The Cube): A modern, all-season 32’ x 32’ glass promotion and event space. BIM utilized to produced 3-D models to resolve architectural, structural and MEP conflicts prior to construction.
- Family Court (children’s play area) with heated slab system, covering and improved lighting.
- Valet area included landscape / hardscape improvements and valet service shelter.
- New seating, landscape planters, lighting, custom fire feature and decorative canopy column covers in common areas.
Other projects at Old Orchard Mall include:
- Crate and Barrel Home Store
- LL Bean’s Interior Build-Out, LEED Silver
- Food Court Renovation and Redevelopment
- Parking Deck
- Professional Building Redevelopment
- Wilde & Greene Restaurant/Market